Cambium Learning® Group (Nasdaq: ABCD) is a leading educational solutions and services company that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company is composed of four business units: Voyager Sopris Learning™, Learning A–Z, ExploreLearning®, and Kurzweil Education™. Together, these business units provide best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment.
Our ExploreLearning business unit is seeking to fill a Software Engineer position located in our Charlottesville, VA office. Software Engineer has a pivotal role in the definition, design, and implementation of our award winning educational products. Our products include a series of highly engaging games that create an exceptional learning experience. In this position, you will collaborate with our team of system and operations engineers to develop our next generation of back-end services. For this position, you should have demonstrable experience developing scalable data-centric applications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Designs, and implements Java/Spring applications
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of a system or feature. Reviews and develops requirements, generates designs, provides rough order of magnitude estimates, implements, and performs unit testing
- Collaborates with our team of educational application designers, graphic artists, back end systems engineers, QA and operational teams to ensure the timely delivery of high value educational software products
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills to negotiate different perspectives and goals
- Holds a high standard of quality and works with the broader team to ensure that the products meet those standards
- Works independently on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs and deadlines
- Troubleshoot problems of a complex nature. Supports systems that has not implemented
- Keeps informed of technical advances. Proposes changes based on newer technology
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Discipline
- Five years’ software engineering experience
- Demonstrated track record of designing, developing and delivering modern web based applications based on Java, Spring, and relational database systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced degree
- Greater than 5 years engineering experience
- Experience with distributed caching, MS SQL Server
- Experience building RESTful services
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply for job” button and submit a cover letter and resume or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.